Approximately 5 days. Varies with skin type and activity level.
The adhesive on a Digital Tattoo lasts five days on your body under normal conditions. It can last much longer if you apply it on other objects such as the dashboard of your car.
Yes, we have gone to great lengths to ensure that it is safe for even sensitive skin types, using top-of-the-line medical grade adhesives and performed extensive biocompatibility testing. However, if you do experience skin irritation, please immediately discontinue use.
1. Select a spot about 2 inches up from your wrist.
2. Using the tab, slowly peel a Digital Tattoo off the bottom liner of the tray. Be careful not to touch the adhesive—it can affect the Digital Tattoo’s staying power.
3. Place it on your skin and pull out the tab.
4. Apply top pressure for 10-20 seconds, to ensure the Digital Tattoo gets a firm hold. You’re good to go!
1. Turn on your Moto X and unlock it manually.
2. Tap your Digital Tattoo to the back of your phone, and you’re all set.
3. Re-lock your phone and try it out!
1. Press ‘Power’ to wake your phone.
2. Tap the back of your Moto X to the Digital Tattoo on your wrist to unlock.
3. You’ve got it from here.
All Digital Tattoos come in our vortex design at launch. However, we have several other great designs on the way, and welcome your ideas for more.
Of course! Simply peel it off your skin like you would an adhesive bandage. If you experience skin irritation, be sure to take it off immediately and discontinue use.
Before you tap, make sure the display is unlocked and NFC is enabled. To enable NFC, go to Settings > More… > NFC checkbox.
It does work by proximity, but a tap means you’ll always be in range.
If your Digital Tattoo is missing or stolen, you can unpair it in your security settings. Thieves won’t be able to download your master PIN from your Digital Tattoo because it’s stored on your Moto X, not in your Digital Tattoo. When your Moto X reads your Digital Tattoo, it only reads a unique ID (like a barcode) that allows it to unlock your phone.
You can pair and unpair Digital Tattoos through the settings under Security > Manage NFC Unlock. You can also disable Digital Tattoos completely by going to Security > Screen lock and choosing a different way to authenticate.
Yes, Moto X can use up to 5 Digital Tattoos.